Synergy Challenge: Metabolic
Metabolic Correction, Thyroid
As we age our metabolic function declines by 5-7% every decade after age 30. A parameter of metabolic is our thyroid function. It must be corrected for our age not the lab value. Many that have thyroid dysfunction have iodine deficiency as well.
- Cold intolerance
- Brain fog
- Dry skin
- Weight gain
- Loss of eyebrow hair
- Irregular cycles
- Brittle nails
If you have more than 3 of these symptoms, you may suffring from Metabolic Correction. Contact us today to see how we can help!
Metabolic syndrome is a strong predicator of diabetes, stroke and heart disease. If not treated will surely lead to diabetes. Must meet three of the five criteria for a diagnosis. This condition is a common cause for weight gain in the hips and lower abdomen.
- Abdominal girth greater than 35 inches for females, and 40 in. for males
- Hypertension, currently on meds or BP greater 150/90
- Fasting glucose level greater than 100
- Low HDL less than 40 in male and 50 in females
- Elevated Triglycerides, greater than 150ng/dl
If you have more than 3 of these symptoms, you may suffring from Metabolic Syndome. Contact us today to see how we can help!
One of the most potent growth hormone is insulin. Elevated levels lead to increase weight as well as difficulty in losing weight. A precursor to diabetes if treated early will prevent diabetes.
- Associated with polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Increased sugar and carbohydrate cravings
- Levels increase with added weight
- Abdominal bloating
- Sleepiness after meals
- Increase hunger
- Acanthosis nigrians, dark fine hair growth on neck
- Inability to focus
If you have more than 3 of these symptoms, you may suffring from Insulin Resistance. Contact us today to see how we can help!
A result of lack of cortisol production from the adrenal glands. It is causes by a chronic lack of sleep and overabundance or prolong of stress. The adrenal glands rejuvenate during sleep and times of low stress. Chronic pain can also cause stress. The diagnosis is made by morning urine cortisol level and DHEAS level.
- Low blood sugar, due to inability to transport sugar
- Impaired immune system
- Brain fog
- Depression and lack of mental clarity
- Craving salty foods
- Awake feeling not rested
- Low levels lead to testosterone deficiency
- Associated with thyroid dysfunction
- Associated with fibromyalgia and autoimmune disease
If you have more than 3 of these symptoms, you may suffring from Adrenal Fatigue. Contact us today to see how we can help!