Naltrexone is FDA approved for weight loss in a drug called Contrave. This drug is a combination of Wellbutrin, an antidepressant and naltrexone. The problem with this medication is that it is very expensive and not very effective for the cost. The use of low dose naltrexone has many benefits by itself.
- It reduces insulin resistance. The most common cause of weight gain today is the over secretion of insulin. Consider insulin an anabolic hormone that causes you to grow wider, not taller!
- Stimulates growth hormone secretion. This will help to build lean muscle mass but also increase fat burning metabolism.
- Acts as an Anti-inflammatory agent. Inflammation can affect thyroid function, insulin resistance, lower testosterone, and increase appetite!
- Improve sleep patterns. The importance of sleep cannot be overstated when it comes to weight loss. It has been shown to significantly improve sleep patterns in sleep apnea.
- Modulate and reduce your appetite. It normalizes the mismatch between calories burned and your appetite. This is seen in chronic dieters who may have a damaged metabolism from years of dieting through calorie restriction.
- Improve thyroid dysfunction in patients with thyroid inflammation. Naltrexone can increase total T3 levels and improve the conversion of T4 to T3. It can also improve the immune system and reduce the antibodies that attack the thyroid
Call us at Synergy Wellness and Weightloss today, to see if you are a candidate for Naltrexone.